Infographic: Questions to Consider When Assessing a New Background Screening Platform
Posted Monday, May 8th, 2017 by
Estimated Reading Time:
Today, HR professionals have continually shifting priorities, internal demands, technology upgrades and changes to the job market as applicants demand a transparent, personalized and seamless candidate experience from the moment they hit your career page to their first day in the office. As the battle for high-performing talent increases, employers can no longer afford to have anything less than a consistent and personalized experience for their candidates. Great hiring experiences start with the technology used in an organization’s background screening and onboarding platform.
Benefits of Using a Background Screening Program
Sterling Talent Solution has compiled “The Ingredients of the Perfect Background Screening Platform” to guide companies when selecting a background screening and onboarding solution. The guide details information that you need to select the solution, from built-in compliance and personalization to reporting dashboards, which integrates with your current HR partners.
The key benefits of a robust, feature-rich background screening and onboarding platform are:
- Centralizes your criminal background checks, drug testing and onboarding needs
- Empowers your HR team
- Provides a seamless, consistent candidate experience
Questions to Ask When Evaluating a New Background Screening Platform
When evaluating a new background screening and onboarding platform, HR professionals have a lot to consider. From the simplicity of the platform to the experience you give your candidates, it is important that you think through all of the features and functionality you need before making your decision.
There are more than a few questions that HR professional and procurement teams need to ask when contemplating investing in a new background screening platform. On top of the usual concerns, budget, transition-time, integration with current systems and training all have to be considered when choosing a new background screening platform. A few of the important questions to ask are:
- Is your background screening platform easy to use? From the platform layout to ease of use, you need a solution that your team can intuitively navigate and easily plug into other systems.
- What will my candidate experience be like? Your candidate’s experience impacts retention, referrals, engagement, long-term employee growth and so much more. An organization needs to make sure everyone is receiving the same engaging experience with your candidate dashboard.
- Does the platform enable compliance? When it comes to background screening, compliance is a critical consideration. Companies need to follow local, state, national and global laws to avoid lawsuits and be informed of all legal considerations before making a hiring decision.
- Can the background screening platform integrate with your current HR partners? It is important to select a platform that seamlessly integrates with HR recruiting solutions to create a streamlined, paperless hiring process.
While comparing platforms, bring it back to the unique needs of your company. By selecting the right platform the first time around, you will improve your efficiency, decrease cost and align your team around a centralized mission. Learn more about what questions you should ask yourself when choosing a new background screening platform in our handy guide, 8 Questions To Ask While Evaluating Your Background Screening Platform.
This publication is for informational purposes only and nothing contained in it should be construed as legal advice. We expressly disclaim any warranty or responsibility for damages arising out this information. We encourage you to consult with legal counsel regarding your specific needs. We do not undertake any duty to update previously posted materials.