Checklist for Selecting the Perfect Background Screening Platform
Posted Monday, May 15th, 2017 by Debbie Lamb, Sterling Talent Solutions
Estimated Reading Time:
Running an HR department is not an easy task. Shifting priorities, employee demands, recruiting changes and new technologies demand more and more attention of today’s HR professionals. These internal issues do not even take into account the changing applicant demands in a candidate-driven job market. As the battle for high-performing talent increases, employers can no longer afford to have anything less than a consistent, personalized and seamless experience for their candidates. Great hiring experiences start with the technology used in an organization’s background screening and onboarding platform.
Benefits of Using a Background Screening Program
Sterling Talent Solution has compiled “The Ingredients of the Perfect Background Screening Platform” to guide companies when selecting a background screening and onboarding solution. The eBook details information that you need to select the solution, from built-in compliance and personalization to reporting dashboards, which integrates with your current HR partners.
A background screening platform and onboarding solution offer many benefits to help make an HR and recruiting team’s life easier. From centralizing your background checks to providing a consistent candidate experience, your platform should empower your team to succeed. The key benefits of a robust, feature-rich background screening and onboarding platform are:
- Centralizes your background checks, drug testing and onboarding needs
- Empowers your HR team
- Provides a seamless, transparent and consistent candidate experience
Questions to Ask When Evaluating a New Background Screening Platform
When evaluating a new background screening and onboarding platform, HR professionals have a lot to consider. From the simplicity of the platform to the experience you give your candidates, it is important that you think through all of the features and functionality you need before making your decision. When comparing platforms, the ultimate decision will have to point back to the unique needs of your company. By selecting the right platform the first time around, you will improve your efficiency, decrease cost and align your team around a centralized mission.
HR professional and procurement teams need to keep in mind a variety of questions when investing in a new background screening platform. On top of the usual concerns, budget, transition-time, integration with current systems and training all have to be considered when choosing a new background screening platform. A few of the important questions to consider are:
- What will my candidate experience be like? Your candidate’s experience impacts retention, referrals, engagement, long-term employee growth and so much more. A background screening platform should have a consistent, multi-media based experience which allows the candidate to be immersed in your company culture.
- Does the platform enable compliance? When it comes to background screening, compliance is a critical consideration. Companies need to follow local, state, national and global laws to avoid lawsuits and be informed of all legal considerations before making a hiring decision. A perfect platform should be able to send out the correct authorization and disclosure forms, flag common mistakes and offer employment eligibility verification.
- Can the background screening platform integrate with your current HR partners? It is important to select a platform that seamlessly integrates with HR recruiting solutions to create a streamlined, paperless hiring process.
- Is your platform secure? Background screening and onboarding require in-depth measures and procedures to protect the information of the job candidates as well as a company. A platform should have full data encryption capabilities, controlled security architecture and offers globally compliant data security.
Checklist for Selecting a Background Screening Platform
From the simplicity of the platform to the experience a company gives its candidates, it is important to think through all of the features and functionality that is needed in a background screening platform before a final decision is made. Sterling Talent Solutions prepared The Complete Checklist for Selecting the Perfect Background Screening Platform to help give businesses a quick look into the top questions to evaluate before selecting a background screening platform. It is a handy guide to keep you on track when deciding on your platform options. The checklist is a companion piece to our latest white paper, The Ingredients of the Perfect Background Screening Platform. Download both of these informative pieces today!